My last communique to you all as President of APICS GV 2013-14 year.
For those joining the board, or have served the board previously, I wanted to send you a list of all that we did this year. For everyone involved, thanks for your hard work. For everyone else – be inspired to do more next year!
- 6 student volunteers served on board to execute vision to position APICS as an extracurricular necessity as part of GV’s supply chain management curriculum.
- Board members gained valuable leadership, communication and professional training through their service; all 6 have major internships, jobs or are studying abroad
- Increased consistently active membership by 10x, total membership by about 15x
- Launched annual Supply Chain Open Houses; beat attendance goal set by university management by 2x
- Partnered with 11 companies throughout the academic year; increased number of events by 3x
- Launched professional branding of the student chapter, including website redesign (to view this newsletter in the rebranded format, see attached)
- Implemented process to force event planning months in advance, rather than the day before
- Crafted bylaws and associated documents as comprehensive help guides for future boards
- Liaised with the Seidman’s Supply Chain Management Advisory Board
- Expected 100% funding from the university for completion of the rigorous Annual Plan
Great job, folks. Do well on exams, enjoy the summer and enjoy your new jobs/internships/study abroads!
Want a job in supply chain or operations management?
APICS is the leading association for supply chain and operations management and the premier provider of research, education and certification programs that elevate end-to-end supply chain excellence, innovation and resilience. APICS at Grand Valley State University provides the networking, knowledge, certifications and leadership development to give you the edge you need to launch into a successful career.